Tuesday, May 10, 2011

"All In One" Calendar

Oh boy, do I have a treat in store for you today.  Have you ever seen one of those adorable calendars that you can change the theme on etc.?  Well,  I have found many, but never purchased one because I couldn't write on it.  Sometimes it's okay to buy something with the intent for it to be just a decoration, but I could never justify that with a calendar.  Here's my solution.   The hardest part was picking out the ribbons and paper with so many choices to choose from.  Hmmm. This is what I came up with.


The two paper stacks I used were the Ciao Bella, and The Four Seasons.  

To get you started I used a 12 X 12 shadow box.
A vinyl calendar transfer.
A decorative knob that has the screw permanently attached.
Some GORGEOUS May Arts Ribbon.
and some Velcro.
And yes, my pictures go backwards starting with December.

I decided I wanted to hang it by the computer where I would enjoy it the most.  When I got thinking about the colors of ribbon and my sponge painted wall I knew colors were going to clash. 
I began to brain storm how to solve this problem and decided to cover the raised poster board with some fabric and trim it with the luscious 379-15-10 black satin pleats ribbon.
Absolutely perfect.
 I measured my ribbon to fit the perimeter of the frame and used Velcro to hold it together.  I put the Velcro directly on the ribbon so I could interchange the ribbons and this would keep the ribbon nice since I will be using this over and over. 
 Aren't the September colors absolutely amazing?  The tails that come down from the knob making it look as if the calendar is hanging from the ribbon is just an illusion.  Simply drape the ribbon over the knob and use either sequin pins or straight pins to hold it.  The calendar itself actually hangs from a screw  making the interchangeable process so easy and again taking care of that GORGEOUS ribbon.

 
Doesn't this set up just make you want to jump in the ocean and take a swim?  To fill in your calendar simply use a dry erase marker....voila!
 For the month names some are stickers and some are hand written, but they are on the paper itself so you won't have to do it again.  How easy is that?
 Ribbon used: PV15, RF47, FR14
I'm looking forward to the sunny days ahead.  Fowers and butterflies make me smile!
 EB36, WC34, WT15

WC44, HN27, QA25, WC14, ED04

EN14, FR32, MR28, 372-15-17

Who knew pink could look so good!
 Last but not least, actually the best part of all, is you can store ALL your papers and ALL your ribbon inside the shadow box nice and neat.  It's where you need it, when you need it.

TA-DA!!!
"All In One"
Useful, beautiful, and easy to keep it organized.  Yippee!!
Which month and ribbon is your favorite?  I hope this inspires you to make one of your own.  I know I'm going to enjoy mine!

Thanks for joining me today.  I hope you're having a blast with May Arts and DCWV this week.
Come again soon, I love having you visit!
Project made for http://www.mayarts.com/blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment